The Simple Truth® About Being Organic
Our Customers told us that they were interested in buying organic items, as well as products that had “cleaner” ingredient statements. Simple Truth Organic® provides easy-to-read ingredient statements, and Simple Truth Organic® products are USDA organic certified. You’ll find Simple Truth Organic® in the produce section, of course — but also look for Simple Truth Organic® in dairy, meat, snacks and many other aisles in the Kroger Co. Family of Stores.
Shop Simple Truth Organic®Shop All
Check out all of our organic items!
In order to be certified organic, products must be:
- Produced without the use of synthetic fertilizers, genetic engineering, sewage sludge or irradiation.
- Free from artificial preservatives.
- Produced by organic growers and handlers that are certified by third-party agencies, state or private, or other organizations that are accredited by the USDA.
There are also different standards and regulations for different types of food:
- Organic crops: Irradiation, sewage sludge, synthetic fertilizers, prohibited pesticides and genetically modified organisms may not be used.
- Organic livestock: Producers must meet animal health and welfare standards, may not use antibiotics or growth hormones, must use 100% organic feed, and must provide animals with access to the outdoors.
- Organic multi-ingredient foods: These products contain 95% or more certified organic content. If the label claims that it was made with specified organic ingredients, those specific ingredients must also be certified organic.