9 New Ways to Make S'mores
Summer isn’t summer without s’mores. Whether you’re looking for specific instructions on how to build your favorite campfire treat or a more relaxed mix-and-match approach, your s’more options are many!
- Apple-Cinnamon: Top an oatmeal cookie with thinly sliced apple sprinkled with cinnamon. Add a toasted marshmallow, then top with another cookie. A drizzle of caramel adds a delicious touch!
- Birthday Cake: Top traditional s’more fillings with colored sprinkles before sandwiching between sugar cookies.
- Marshmallow-a-holic: Spread graham crackers with marshmallow crème, then fill with toasted marshmallows and chocolate.
- Peanut Butter-Banana: Spread crackers with peanut butter and fill s’more with thinly sliced banana and toasted marshmallows. You can also up the ante by adding a few half-slices of cooked bacon.
- Red, White & Blue: Spread bottom graham cracker (or a shortbread cookie) with strawberry jam. Top with chocolate, blueberries, toasted marshmallow and remaining graham cracker or cookie.
- Sweet ‘n’ Salty: Add a few potato chips to the traditional s’more sandwich.
- Toasted Almond Fudge: Spread one side of each graham cracker with fudge frosting, then sandwich around toasted marshmallow and toasted sliced almonds.
- Tropical: Use marshmallow crème instead of toasted marshmallows and press mixed dried fruits (pineapple, apricot, mango, etc.) into the crème before sandwiching crackers around chocolate bar.
- Turtle: Include toasted pecans and caramel sauce with the more traditional s’more ingredients.