Cleaning Tips for a Naturally Beautiful Bathroom
Created by: Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day Products
These tips will help keep your bathroom clean and sparkling!
- After you shower, spritz the shower and tub with a natural cleaner, then wipe down the walls from top to bottom with a damp cloth. One part white vinegar to two parts water will do the trick. To scour old marks away, sprinkle with baking soda, then use a nylon bristle brush to scrub.
- When facing the dreaded ring around the tub, mix equal parts salt and white vinegar, spread the paste on the spots, and let sit for an hour. Scrub away with bristle brush.
- To clean dirty grout, dip an old toothbrush into a mix of equal parts oxygen bleach and water, then scrub until the lines brighten.
- Once a month or so, remove everything in the medicine cabinet and wipe down the shelves with warm water and a bit of liquid dish soap. Weed out the products you don't often use before putting them back in the cabinet.
- Half a cup of distilled white vinegar can help remove stubborn rings in the toilet. Let it sit for a few hours (or overnight) before giving the bowl a swipe with the toilet brush.
- To unclog the drain, pour half a cup of baking soda, then half a cup of white vinegar down the drain. Wait a few minutes, then pour some boiling water down after it.
- Cleaning the floor only takes warm water and a bit of all-purpose cleaner on your mop. Make two passes over the floor, then go back and do one more pass with clean, warm water.
- For a natural air freshener, fill a spray bottle with water, three drops of lemon oil, and two drops of eucalyptus oil. Shake vigorously before spritzing.