Thanksgiving Thankful Jar
Created by: Laura Franklin, Food Fun Family
‘Tis the season for enjoying moments with family and friends, sharing traditional foods together and – of course – giving thanks. This Thanksgiving, make the feast even more special by writing down the things you’re grateful for and then sharing them with each other around the holiday table.
Things You'll Need:
- Colorful paper, cut into strips
- 1 large jar
- Scatter strips of festive paper and a few pens around the dinner table.
- During the meal, encourage family members to write down a few things that they are thankful for. Aim for specifics, and include experiences, people and things in your thankful list. Place completed slips of paper into the jar at the center of the table.
- Near the end of the meal, open the jar, remove the papers and read the notes out loud. Encourage conversation about the things that family members have shared.
- This activity can be extended to the whole day. Let everyone add their notes to the jar throughout the day, while the meal is cooking, while everyone is relaxing and chatting, and during dinner. Share the notes aloud during dessert.
- Keep the notes at the end of the day, place them back in the jar and open them again next Thanksgiving, like a mini time capsule filled with gratitude!