Vitacost Ultra Vitamin K includes Advanced K2 Complex
What is Ultra Vitamin K includes Advanced K2 Complex?
Vitamin K refers to a family of fat-soluble compounds known as quinones. Vitamin K1 (phylloquinone) is the natural form, found in green leafy vegetable such as spinach, kale and broccoli, as well as in green peas, carrots, soybeans, eggs, liver and dairy products. Vitamin K2 (menaquinone) is produced by bacteria in both animal and human intestines.
What are the key benefits of Vitacost® Ultra Vitamin K includes Advanced K2 Complex?
- Vitamin K’s primary function in the body is to aid in the production of Gla (gamma carboxyglutamic acid) proteins, which play a part in coagulation and anti-coagulation of blood.*
- Vitamin K is also necessary for osteoblasts (bone-forming cells) to activate osteocalcin, a protein that binds calcium to bones.* Therefore, adequate amounts of vitamin K make certain that calcium is properly delivered to bones and that arterial health is maintained.*
Why is Vitacost® Ultra Vitamin K includes Advanced K2 Complex your everyday essential?
- Supports multiple areas of health, including bone and cardiovascular health, in one easy-to-take supplement.*
- High-potency complex provides 2,400 mcg of vitamins K1 and K2 per each single-softgel serving.
- Contains the two beneficial forms (MK-4 and MK-7) of vitamin K2.
- Delivered in a medium-chain triglyceride base. Medium chain triglycerides are essential fatty acids naturally found in milk fat, palm oil and coconut oil that may help with the digestion of fat-soluble vitamins.*
Potency • Purity • Pride
Whether you’re shopping Vitacost® vitamins, minerals, herbs or other key nutrients, t
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.