Bagel Breakfast Bake
A combination of savory favorites, including bagels, bacon and sausage, this is a please-all recipe that’s easy to make.
Created by: Tasty
Serves: 8Prep: 10 minutesCook: 1 hourTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 package (12 oz.) Johnsonville® Original Breakfast Sausage Links
- 6 slices Kroger® Bacon
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 5 plain bagels
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheese (mixture of cheddar and Monterey Jack), divided
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons minced chives, garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut bell peppers into slices, then cut each slice in half. Heat olive oil in a skillet. Add peppers and sauté for 5 minutes, until peppers soften. Remove peppers.
- In the same skillet, add sausage links. Cook sausage for 8-10 minutes, turning frequently, until cooked through. Remove sausage and chop into bite-sized pieces.
- In the same skillet, add bacon slices. Cook bacon until cooked through, 4-5 minutes on each side, flipping halfway. Remove bacon and pat off excess grease with paper towels. Chop bacon into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Remove 1¼ cups of egg mixture and reserve for use later.
- Tear bagels into bite-sized pieces and fold into egg mixture. Add pepper, sausage, bacon, 1½ cups shredded cheese and baby spinach. Fold everything together, then pour into greased 9”x 13” baking dish. Pour the reserved egg mixture over the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes, then sprinkle 1 cup shredded cheese on top and bake for another 5 minutes, until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chives and serve.