Chicken & Noodle Casserole
Try this tasty weeknight dinner idea: creamy chicken and noodle casserole with crushed crackers.
Serves: 4Prep: 30 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour
- 3 Heritage Farm™ Chicken Breasts
- 6 ounces Egg Noodles
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 8 slices Heritage Farm™ Bacon
- 1 cup Crumbled Saltine Crackers
- 1⁄2 cup Butter
- Poach chicken in a large pot of simmering water. Cook until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Bring poaching water to a boil and cook pasta in it. Drain.
- Cut chicken into small pieces and mix with noodles.
- In a separate bowl, mix together mushroom soup, chicken soup and sour cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Gently stir soup mixture into the chicken mixture. Place in a 2 quart baking dish.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan and remove from heat. Stir in crumbled crackers and top casserole with crackers.
- Cook bacon, let cool and crumble on top of casserole.
- Bake casserole at 350° F for 30 minutes, until heated through and browned on top.