Chicken and Basmati Rice Bowl with Sichuan Peppercorn Vinaigrette
Sichuan peppercorns have an amazing little bite and bit of heat, helping bring out both the bright and the earthy flavors that make this bowl such a delight.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tsp. five-spice powder
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 oz. each)
- 2 tsp. avocado oil
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. ground Szechuan pepper
- ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp. dry roasted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Divide the 5-spice powder between the breasts and place the chicken in a 9" x 9" baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes, or until meat thermometer reads 165°F.
- While the chicken cooks, heat the avocado oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the rice and stir for 1 minute. Pour in the broth and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 15 minutes. Turn heat off and let steam for 15 minutes.
- Thinly slice the chicken and place in a bowl with rice and spinach.
- Whisk together the olive oil, rice wine, sesame oil, Szechuan pepper, mustard, and salt in a small bowl. Drizzle sauce over bowl and garnish with peanuts.