Fig and Gruyere Bacon Grilled Cheese
Fig jam adds a sweet note to a fancied-up grilled cheese.
Serves: 2Prep: 5 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tbsp. butter, softened
- 4 slices ciabatta, sourdough or French bread
- 3 tbsp. fig jam (any variety)
- 2⁄3 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 6 strips Oscar Mayer™ Gluten Free Naturally Hardwood Smoked Bacon (cooked to safe internal temperature of 145°F)
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Preheat skillet to medium-low.
- Spread fig jam on other side of each slice of bread.
- Add 2 pieces of bread to skillet, buttered sides down. Sprinkle cheese evenly between each piece of bread. Add 3 strips bacon to each piece of bread. Top each with remaining pieces of bread, fig jam sides down.
- Cook 3-5 minutes per side, until crisp and golden brown. Enjoy immediately, refrigerating any leftovers.