Ground Beef and Vegetable Soup
This is a simple soup that comes together fairly quickly. As with most soups or stews, it tastes better the second day, when the flavors have had time to blend.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 quarts beef stock
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into 1⁄4-inch pieces
- 2 medium stalks celery, sliced into 1⁄4" pieces
- 1 can (15 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz.) corn kernels, drained
- 1 container (9 oz.) frozen cut green beans
- In a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add ground beef and salt and cook, stirring to break up pieces for about 5 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- Stir in tomato paste until incorporated. Slowly add beef stock, stirring to keep smooth. Add onion, carrots, and celery and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 30 minutes.