One Pot California Chicken
Try a taste of the West Coast with this light and delicious one-pot meal!
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 45 minutesTotal: 1 hour
- Simple Truth Organic™ Canola Oil Cooking Spray
- 1 box (5.7 oz.) couscous (herb flavored)
- 4 Simple Truth™ Natural Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and sliced
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 can (3.8 oz.) sliced black olives, drained
- 1⁄2 white onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 whole whole lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Spray the inside of a Dutch oven or oven-safe pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix the couscous according to package instructions, using the amount of water directed. Pour the couscous mixture into the pot and season lightly with salt and pepper, then wipe out the bowl. Arrange the chicken on top of the couscous. Add the bell pepper, tomatoes and olives in separate layers.
- In the bowl, combine the onion, celery salt, marjoram, basil and sherry and distribute over the ingredients in the pot.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked. Serve the chicken with the couscous and vegetables and garnish with avocado slices and lemon wedges.