One Pot Tuscan Macaroni & Cheese
This hearty one pot meal features a Tuscan-inspired cheese sauce, flavored with sun-dried tomatoes, to bring comfort food to a whole new level.
Serves: 6Prep: 20 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jar (8 oz.) sun-dried tomatoes, drained and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Whole Milk
- 3 cups Kroger® Elbow Macaroni Pasta
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
- Slice chicken breasts into bite-size slices
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add chicken, salt, pepper and paprika. Cook 5 minutes on each side until fully cooked. Reserve to plate.
- In same pot, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and butter. Sauté onion and tomatoes until softened. Lower heat; add flour, broth, milk and Italian seasoning. Let simmer 2 minutes. Stir in pasta. Cook 10 minutes, stirring periodically, until pasta is al dente.
- Remove from heat. Stir in spinach, Parmesan, mozzarella and gruyere until combined. Stir in cooked chicken. Serve with fresh parsley.