Paleo Chorizo Breakfast Tacos
In these paleo-friendly tacos, plain ground pork is seasoned with traditional chorizo spices for plenty of flavor, but no unwanted additives.
Serves: 8Prep: 15 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cilantro, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 tbsp. Simple Truth Organic™ Ancho Chile Powder
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil, divided
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 8 paleo-friendly almond or coconut tortillas, warmed
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- In a bowl, combine tomatoes, jalapeno, onion, cilantro and ½ teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- In a second bowl, mix together ground pork, ancho chile powder, paprika, cumin, garlic, oregano, cloves, cinnamon, remaining 1 teaspoon salt and apple cider vinegar.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork mixture; cook, breaking into pieces until lightly browned and cooked through. Keep warm.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Add eggs; cook, scraping the bottom of the pan until eggs are just set.
- Serve eggs and chorizo in tortillas. Top with tomato mixture and slices of avocado.
- Refrigerate leftovers.