Savory Artisan Bread Stuffing
This classic La Brea Bakery stuffing recipe is sure to become a favorite in your household during the holidays.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 La Brea Bakery Country White Sourdough Loaf
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 large shallot, peeled and diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and diced ¼”
- 4 medium stalks celery, diced ¼”
- 1 medium leek, diced ¼”
- 2⁄3 cup Italian flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh sage leaves, finely minced
- 3 tbsp. fresh rosemary, sticks discarded and finely minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh thyme, sticks discarded and finely minced
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp. fine salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut the loaf into ¾” cubes and spread evenly on a baking sheet.
- Toast in oven 10-15 minutes, until dry and crunchy (may take longer depending on oven).
- Place the toasted bread pieces in a large mixing bowl and mix in the parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme.
- In a large saucepan, warm the olive oil and add shallot, onion, celery, leek, salt and pepper, and sauté for about 5 minutes or until all ingredients are slightly tender.
- Add the chicken stock to the vegetables and bring to a boil.
- Slowly pour contents of the pan over the stuffing in the bowl.
- Mix everything together, making sure the croutons are evenly coated.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes and mix again.
- Butter the inside of a large baking dish.
- Spoon the mixture into the buttered baking dish and spread evenly to form a flat top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top. Serve immediately.