Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
A winning combination of Mexican flavors make this a favorite! Don't forget the squeeze of lime.
- 1 pound chicken, cubed
- 1 can (15 oz.) enchilada sauce
- 1 can (4 oz.) green chili peppers, chopped
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 can (15 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chiles and garlic into a slow cooker. Pour in water, chicken broth and corn. Season with cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on LOW setting for 6 hours or on HIGH setting for 3 hours.
- Crush tortilla chips in serving bowl; ladle soup over the top. Serve with a squeeze of lime, avocado, cheese and cilantro.