Slow Cooker Spiced Cranberry-Apple Cider
If you’re serving a crowd, this warm and toasty spin on apple cider is the way to do it. If you want to make your guests feel really special, take the extra few seconds to rim the glasses with cinnamon-sugar and garnish with an apple wheel.
Serves: 12Prep: 15 minutesCook: 4 hoursTotal: 4 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 cups apple cider or juice
- 6 cups Kroger® Cranberry Juice
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cranberries
- 5 whole cloves
- 3 allspice berries
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 apples
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon-sugar
- In a 4-6 quart slow cooker, combine apple cider, cranberry juice, brown sugar and honey; stir to combine. Add orange slices and cranberries.
- Secure cloves, allspice berries and cinnamon sticks in a small cheesecloth bundle. Add to slow cooker. Cover; cook 4 hours on LOW until heated through and flavors are blended. Remove and discard cheesecloth bundle.
- Just before serving, slice apples horizontally for 12 rounds total. Place cinnamon-sugar on small plate. For each serving, cut slit in 1 apple slice, then rub slit around rim of mug to moisten. Rim mug with cinnamon-sugar by pressing moistened rim into cinnamon-sugar on plate. Ladle 1 cup spiced cider into mug. Garnish with apple slice.
- Strain and refrigerate leftovers.