Street Corn Chicken Tacos
Add a fun twist to taco night with these street corn chicken tacos that are loaded with flavor!
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2 ears corn
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 (8”) flour tortillas, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Heat the grill to medium heat.
- Tenderize the chicken breasts by covering them with plastic wrap and using a meat mallet or rolling pin to flatten out the chicken. Flatten so the breasts are an even thickness. Rub chicken with olive oil and taco seasoning.
- Place the chicken on direct heat. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes, then flip and cook for 5-7 minutes longer, or until a meat thermometer reads at least 165°F. Place the chicken on a cutting board and cover with aluminum foil, allow to rest for 5 minutes. Cut into bite sized pieces or strips.
- Place 1 tablespoon of butter on each ear and place on direct heat. Turn the corn occasionally, until charring occurs, about 10 minutes total. Remove from the grill and cut the corn off the cob. Place the corn in a bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, cotija cheese, cilantro, garlic, lime juice and chili powder to the corn. Stir to combine.
- Divide the cut chicken onto tortillas and top each with the corn mixture and red onion. Serve with a lime wedge.
- Refrigerate leftovers.