Tomato Gnocchi Soup
Ready in just 30 minutes, this recipe takes tomato soup to the next level with the addition of pre-made gnocchi.
Serves: 6Prep: 5 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 package (16 oz.) Private Selection™ Gnocchi with Basil Pesto or Private Selection™ Gnocchi with Potato
- In 4-quart saucepan over medium heat, heat oil. Cook onions, garlic, salt and pepper 3 to 5 minutes, until softened and fragrant.
- Stir in tomatoes and broth. Bring to boil.
- Stir in gnocchi; reduce to simmer. Cook 10 minutes, until gnocchi are tender.
- Stir in half and half and basil; heat through. Adjust seasoning to taste.