Vegan Dark Chocolate Mousse
Have you ever thought twice about pouring the liquid from your can of garbanzo beans down the drain? Did you know this liquid, called aquafaba, can be used in place of eggs in recipes like mousse and meringues? Next time save the liquid and make this recipe instead.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 1 hourTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (15 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ Garbanzo Beans, ¾ cup liquid drained from can and beans reserved for another use
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 7 ounces dark chocolate, 70% cacao or higher, melted and cooled slightly
- Place bean liquid into a mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat until it starts to get foamy. Add cream of tartar and continue beating, about 10 minutes, or until mixture is very fluffy. Add maple syrup and beat to combine.
- Add the melted and cooled chocolate to the bowl and fold in with a rubber spatula until fully incorporated.
- Transfer mousse to serving dishes and refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
- Store refrigerated.