Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie Stuffed Potatoes
Even meat lovers will be asking for seconds of this version of shepherd’s pie.
Serves: 12Prep: 20 minutesCook: 1 hour 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 russet potatoes, baked
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 package (8 oz.) fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons thyme, chopped
- 1 bag (12 oz.) Meal-Ready Sides Peas & Carrots
- 10 ounces Simple Truth™ Meatless Crumbles
- 1 cup plus 6 Tbsp. Murray’s Irish cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- Heat oven to 350°F. Pierce potatoes with a fork and bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet. Sauté mushrooms, onion and garlic 5 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Add mixed vegetables and meat crumbles. Cook 5 additional minutes and remove from heat.
- Cut potatoes in half and scoop out the flesh of the baked potatoes, leaving a thick layer intact next to the skin.
- Mash removed potatoes with 3 tablespoons butter. Add 1 cup cheese and mix well. Add vegetable mixture to the potatoes and stir well.
- Fill potato shells with the filling and top with remaining cheddar cheese. Place on a baking sheet and bake 15 minutes.